Cover Photo: Image of myself and another young boy at the orphanage/hospital in Delhi. March, 1991.
Day 1 Photo Dump
- First four images are from 1991 when my father and I stayed in Delhi and visited the Jeewan Nursing Home.
- Image of our driver and his rickshaw and an entrance to a Jeewan Nursing Home.
- My father, myself and healthcare professionals during our visit for my exams.
- Healthcare workers holding me in the Jeewan Nursing Home.
- Three woman who worked at Jeewan Nursing Home, one of which, the one on the right, that we met today during our visit. She recognized herself in the picture.
- Final five images are from today in Delhi
- View from the 25th floor hotel room in Delhi, overlooking sports fields of a school.
- The same Jeewan Nursing Home entrance as in picture one, 31 years later.
- Front of the Jeewan Nursing Home, Gate no. 1. It turns out there are six gates, or entrances. We met people in Gate no. 1 and no. 2. Tomorrow we will visit with woman in Gate no. 2 who are in the pictures I brought.
- View from the backseat of one of our rickshaw rides today. It was hot and exhaust filled.
- The largest samosa that I’ve ever seen or eaten. Took two sittings!
One thought on “Day 1 – Jeewan Nursing Home”
Love the photos – glad you are posting them. It’s exciting to be able to travel along with you on this adventure!
Stay well and know that we think of you so often!
LikeLiked by 1 person